Relationship-building initiatives for the business community’s young and young at heart.
Recognizing the value of building and sharing a professional and personal network of contacts, Moore & Van Allen strives to foster opportunities in which upcoming MVA associates and members can grow their contact base. It was with this mindset that the MVA Young Professionals (YP) initiative was launched in the summer of 2011. The initiative, overseen by the Firm’s internal Young Professionals Sub-Committee (YPSC), was established to provide networking and business development opportunities for MVA’s YPs and their colleagues through social and educational events, coaching, and a variety of ongoing communications.
The YPSC’s goal is to work together to connect MVA's young professionals and other young professionals within the Charlotte community. A formal mission statement can be found below.
YP events, including an annual March Madness social, Beer Tasting, and Harvest Festival, are planned throughout the course of each year. Details and photos from all past YP events, as well as news, a community calendar and other resources, can be found on the YP Blog.
The Young Professionals Sub-Committee’s mission is to provide networking and potential early business development relationships/opportunities for Moore & Van Allen’s young professionals through recurring social and educational events, and a variety of communication initiatives.
- Ben Hicks, Corporate Associate
- Rhea Kelley, Manager of Professional Development
- Lesley Lewis, Corporate Associate
- Lauren Nelson, Financial Services Associate
- Leslie Pedernales, Public Affairs Associate
- Nadar Raja, Litigation Associate
- Meredith Reedy, Financial Services Associate
- Cole Richins, Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Associate
- Wade Sample, Corporate Associate
- Frank Schall, Litigation Associate
- Ryan Smith, Financial Services Member