Moore & Van Allen Attorneys and Practices Recognized in 2016 Chambers & Partners GuideChambers & Partners has ranked nine firm practice groups and 26 firm attorneys in the 2016 edition of its legal directory Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
May 27, 2016
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (May 27, 2016) – Moore & Van Allen PLLC is pleased to announce that Chambers & Partners has ranked nine firm practice groups and 26 firm attorneys in the 2016 edition of its legal directory Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
“It is an honor to be annually recognized by Chambers & Partners for the achievements and dedication of our attorneys,” said Moore & Van Allen Chairman Ernest (Ernie) W. Reigel. “Congratulations to each of these deserving attorneys and practice groups. We thank them for representing the firm’s long-held values and legal standards.”
Moore & Van Allen’s Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A and Real Estate practice groups earned Band 1 top-tier recognition in the 2016 directory, which was released on May 27. Additionally, the firm’s Employment & Labor, Environmental, Intellectual Property and Litigation practice groups, along with the finance arm of the firm’s Real Estate group, were ranked in this year’s guide.
In addition to Moore & Van Allen’s practice group rankings, Chambers & Partners recognized 26 attorneys as leaders in their respective practice areas. Charlotte Member Neill G. McBryde was again selected for national recognition in Wealth Management: Eastern Region, and 25 others were selected for North Carolina recognition, including:
- Carol Ewald Bowen, Member – Healthcare
- Jefferson (Jeff) W. Brown, Member – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
- *Ernest (Mike) S. DeLaney, III, Counsel – Corporate/M&A
- David L. Eades, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Jeffrey (Jeff) W. Glenney, Member – Real Estate
- Jeremy H. Godwin, Member – Corporate/M&A
- Stephen E. Gruendel, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Arlene D. Hanks, Member – Intellectual Property
- *George V. Hanna, III, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- J. Richard Hazlett, Member – Banking & Finance
- Stephen (Steve) D. Hope, Member – Corporate/M&A
- James (Jim) W. Hovis, Member – Banking & Finance
- Dickson M. Lupo, Member – Intellectual Property
- Valecia M. McDowell, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- Karin M. McGinnis, Member – Employment & Labor
- Peter J. McGrath Jr., Member – Environment
- C. Wayne McKinzie, Member – Banking & Finance
- James (Jim) P. McLoughlin, Jr., Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- Thomas (Tom) L. Mitchell, Member – Banking & Finance
- Thomas (Tom) D. Myrick, Member – Litigation: General Commercial
- J. Christopher (Chris) Oates, Member – Real Estate
- Alan W. Pope, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Charles (Trey) R. Rayburn, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- David S. Walls, Member – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- William A. (Bill) White, Member – Environment
*Indicates attorney has been named a “Senior Statesman” by Chambers.
About Moore & Van Allen
Moore & Van Allen PLLC (www.mvalaw.com) is one of the largest law firms in the Southeast, with nearly 300 attorneys and offices in Charlotte and Research Triangle, North Carolina, and Charleston, South Carolina. The attorneys at Moore & Van Allen provide sophisticated legal services within their nationally recognized Litigation, Corporate, Finance and Intellectual Property law practices for international banks and manufacturers, energy leaders, and growing healthcare and technology companies. The Firm is comprised of 21 primary industry and practice groups. Moore & Van Allen is the only Charlotte-based law firm identified in the prestigious “Am Law 200” list. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers recognized Moore & Van Allen in their 2016 “Best Law Firms” rankings, both regionally and nationally.