Energy Interdependency Blog
Senate Confirmed Norman Bay, the incumbent FERC Enforcement Chief, as Commissioner and the next Chairman
I. Moses Sye
- Energy Policy
- Energy Project Development
- Energy Project Finance
- Energy Regulation & Dispute Resolution
We recognize energy is the backbone of the economy and that the field is rapidly changing. We help our clients deal with the changes by providing traditional legal services in areas such as energy marketing, compliance counseling, project development, project finance and public utility regulation.
Our clients include developers, investors, industrial energy consumers, oil companies, independent producers, utilities and government entities. We assist clients with advisory, regulatory, transactional and litigation matters with the following industry segments:
- Alternative Energy & Green Technology
- Solar Energy
- Wind Power
- Geothermal Energy
- Climate Change
- Hydroelectric Development, Relicensing and Compliance
- Natural Gas Storage and Liquefied Natural Gas Projects
- Electric Power Generation, Distribution, Marketing, Smart Grids and Transmission
- Oil and Gas – Production and Transmission
- Coal Fired Generation
- Telecommunications-Related Services
We take a proactive approach by assembling our team from various practice areas to provide a full range of service offerings. The skills and resources used in the Energy Industry require a diverse base of attorneys. We’ve compiled a group of interdisciplinary teams that meld the skills of lawyers from our Corporate and Financial Services Sections, as well as the Real Estate, Environmental, Government Relations, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Regulatory and Taxation practice areas. Our goal is to provide a valuable resource for our clients within this industry by offering a broad range of capabilities to service their legal needs.
Our practice is international in scope. In addition to many U.S. states, have worked with projects requiring extensive involvement of foreign governments in project support, including governmental and quasi–governmental entities in India, the Philippines, Canada, Colombia, Iraq, Puerto Rico and Mexico, along with support from bilateral and multilateral credit support institutions.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and teamwork, as well as on maintaining a thorough grounding in both the legal and business dimensions of the energy, telecommunication and utilities industries.
- Heslin Speaks to D.C. Circuit FERC Ruling
- Heslin Addresses Campaign Against Energy Regulator
- Heslin Discusses FERC Enforcement Probe
- Heslin's Energy Interdependency Blog Spurs Media
- Heslin Speaks at Gas Power Experts 2014 conference
- Heslin Instructs "FERC Natural Gas 101"
- Heslin Serves as Energy "Spark Tank" Panelist
- Heslin Presents at EUCI Conference
Brian Heslin addresses impact of CFTC regulations on LDCs.
The Treasury Secretary and the Internal Revenue Service announced the establishment of the qualifying advanced energy project program to implement the new investment credit under Section 48C of the Internal Revenue Code.