- B.A., University of Buffalo, 1984, cum laude
- J.D., Rutgers University, 1987
Bar & Court Admissions
- New Jersey, 1988
- New York, 1988
- North Carolina, 1998
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
With over thirty years experience and knowledge in business immigration matters, Steve Hader provides his diverse, global clients quick, responsive and practical solutions to their U.S. visa and immigration concerns.
He works to simplify and speed the complex immigration and visa processes to help bring crucially needed international professionals—from biomedical researchers to noted athletes, from engineers to recording artists—into the U.S. for his pharmaceutical, biotech, banking, entertainment, manufacturing, information technology, and engineering clients.
Mr. Hader strives to achieve his clients’ business goals while helping individuals with important events in their lives, leading a team of efficient and cost-effective MVA professionals focused on customer service and skilled at surmounting government hurdles and restrictions.
The services he provides his clients include:
- Preparation of all employment-related visa petitions.
- Preparation of applications for permanent residence.
- Support and guidance on compliance issues.
- Compliance with employer sanctions.
- Counsel on potential legal consequences and immigration laws that impact changing corporate structure (mergers & acquisitions).
- Development of corporate immigration policy guidelines.
- Strategic planning and advice on immigration matters.
- Instrumental in obtaining a visa for English football (soccer) star David Beckham, enabling his play for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
- Former General Attorney for the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration & Naturalization Service, New York.
- Co-author, "The Immigration Consequences of Mergers, Acquisitions and Other Corporate Restructuring: A Practitioner's Guide," 24 North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation 547, 1999.
- Recognition by "Who's Who Legal" in The International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers 2008-2015.
- Included in Best Lawyers in America for Immigration Law, 2013-2016
- Hader Quoted in The Ledger
- Best Lawyers Recognizes 76 Moore & Van Allen Attorneys
- Steve Hader Featured in Law360 Q&A Session
- Best Lawyers Recognizes 77 Moore & Van Allen Attorneys
- Best Lawyers Recognizes 77 MVA Attorneys
- Best Lawyers Recognizes 71 MVA Attorneys
- Hader & Jordan Present to CAPS, March 18, 2014
- September Global Immigration Seminar (Charleston), September 23, 2010, E-Verify, 1-9's, and Corporate Compliance: What Every Company Needs to Know
- May Immigration Seminar, May 12, 2010, E-Verify, 1-9's, and Corporate Compliance: What Every Company Needs to Know
- US Residency from a Tax and Immigration Standpoint, February 3, 2010, Webinar
- January Global Immigration Seminar, January 27, 2010, E-Verify, 1-9's, and Corporate Compliance: What Every Company Needs to Know
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association