- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1993, with distinction
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1996, with honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1996
M. Matthew (Matt) Plyler
100 North Tryon Street
Matt Plyler is experienced in commercial lending transactions across a broad range of industries, including transportation, media, manufacturing, utilities, retail, chemicals, technology and health care.
- He regularly represents lead arrangers, lenders and agent banks in syndicated credit facilities, club deals and single-bank financings used to finance leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, acquisitions and general working capital needs.
- His practice also includes advising private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with financing transactions.
- He has experience in restructuring distressed credits.
- Member, Myers Park United Methodist Church and volunteers in various capacities
- Other interests include tennis, and home-brewing
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association: Business Section