- B.A., University of Virginia, 1994
- J.D., University of South Carolina, 1998, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Order of the Wig and Robe (Clerk of Court); Associate Articles Editor, South Carolina Law Review,1997-1998
- M.B.A., University of South Carolina, 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1998
- South Carolina, 1998
Other Areas of Law
- Corporate Finance and Securities
- Financial Services
- Economic Incentives
78 Wentworth Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Charleston, SC 29401
News & Events
Manning Unger practices in the areas of business, mergers and acquisitions, securities, financial services, economic incentives and commercial real estate law.
- He represents real estate developers, investors and corporations (including national retailers and manufacturers) in connection with the construction, purchase, refinancing, leasing and selling of raw land, condominiums, apartment complexes, retail shopping centers, stand-alone retail facilities office complexes and manufacturing and distribution centers.
- Mr. Unger has represented financial institutions in connection with both construction and real estate acquisition loans as well as in connection with commercial lines of credit and term loans.
- Mr. Unger represents national and multi-national corporations in negotiating and obtaining tax incentives from the State of South Carolina and its political subdivisions for locating in or relocating to South Carolina, including the preparation and negotiation of fee in lieu of taxes arrangements and the preparation and negotiation of revitalization agreements for purposes of obtaining job development credits.
- Mr. Unger represents public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions and in joint venture, securities and general corporate and contractual matters.
- He has also represented financial institutions, institutional investors and venture capital funds in their private equity investments and mezzanine/subordinated debt finance transactions.
- Mr. Unger is a licensed title agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company and Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
- In addition, Mr. Unger has represented initial purchasers in high-yield debt offerings under Rule 144A, administrative agents in senior syndicated credit facilities and issuers and placement agents in private placements.
- IP Hosts "MVA Talks" Seminar, June 25, 2014, Addressing intellectual property strategies for businesses
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association