- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors; North Carolina Law Review
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with highest distinction honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
Emily Vaughn is a member of Moore & Van Allen’s Corporate Department, where her practice focuses on public company reporting, corporate governance, public offerings and private placements of securities, mergers and acquisitions, and general business law matters.
Ms. Vaughn has broad experience in public company compliance matters, including SEC reporting, public disclosure and exchange listing compliance. She has represented issuers in a wide variety of public and private securities offerings, including investment grade and high-yield debt offerings and equity offerings. She also has represented companies in complex corporate transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, going private transactions, private equity investments and joint ventures. She regularly counsels clients on corporate governance and general corporate matters. Her clients and transactions have covered a variety of industries, including energy, financial services, manufacturing, real estate and retail.
- Law Clerk to Hon. Albert Diaz, North Carolina Business Court
- Represented a publicly traded Fortune 50 company as issuer in numerous public offerings of senior debt securities totaling over $5.0 billion.
- Represented a publicly traded energy company in connection with its $590 million “go private” transaction.
- Represented a publicly traded Fortune 200 company as issuer in a public offering of $1.0 billion of two tranches of senior debt securities.
- Represented a publicly traded energy company in connection with a registered secondary offering of $95 million of its common stock by a selling stockholder, the concurrent repurchase of $40 million of its common stock from such stockholder and the subsequent 144 sale of such stockholder’s remaining common stock.
- Represented a diversified real estate development and operating company in its 144A private offering of $350 million senior secured notes, $100 million equity offering, consent solicitation and follow-on offering of $75 million senior secured notes.
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association