- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2002, with highest distinction honors
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2005, with honors; North Carolina Law Review
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 2006
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
Emily Vaughn is a member in Moore & Van Allen's Corporate practice group. Her practice consists of a wide variety of transactional fields, with a focus on advising public companies on securities, corporate governance and other regulatory compliance issues, including the regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In addition to her corporate governance and securities regulation practice, Ms. Vaughn has experience assisting the firm's clients with general corporate, operational and commercial contract needs, including drafting and negotiating large equipment purchases and critical vendor agreements. Ms. Vaughn’s practice also includes drafting corporate formation and governing documents, preparing and maintaining corporate minutes and other entity records, and preparing and filing annual reports and other corporate compliance documents with state regulatory agencies. Additionally, she has experience with matters relating to mergers and acquisitions and formation and structure of various entities, including international joint ventures and investment vehicles.
- Law Clerk to Hon. Albert Diaz, North Carolina Business Court, 2006
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association