- B.S., Physics, Davidson College, 2001
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2007, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 2011
- Massachusetts, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, 2010
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
Emmett Weindruch is a licensed patent attorney whose practice involves a broad range of intellectual property and technology matters in a variety of industries, including the software, manufacturing, and telecommunications industries.
He has experience negotiating a wide-range of technology and commercial agreements, performing patent invalidity and infringement investigations, intellectual property clearance investigations, and assisting clients in evaluating intellectual property portfolios in anticipation of mergers or acquisitions. Emmett also has extensive patent litigation experience, including representing parties before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
Before joining Moore & Van Allen, Emmett was an associate at a large international intellectual property law firm.
- Co-authored Defect-Related Density of States in Low-Bandgap InGaAs/InAsP Double Heterostructures Grown on InP Substrates, Applied Physics Letters 80, 4570 (2002)