- Commercial & Technology Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mezzanine Finance & Private Equity
- Private Equity & Mezzanine Finance
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1994; Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., University of Virginia, 2001; Order of the Coif
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 2001
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
A member of the firm's Investment Team, Carolyn Meade brings broad experience to the companies, stockholders, entrepreneurs, private equity groups, sponsors and institutional investors she represents. She assists both financial and strategic acquirers and targets in their mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and recapitalization transactions. Ms. Meade further serves as outside corporate counsel for a real estate development company holding nearly $1 billion in assets and as general counsel of an internet-based plush toy company.
Ms. Meade is one of three Hiring Partners overseeing the firm’s recruiting program, is active on the Attorney Development Committee and was a founding member of the firm’s Young Professionals Subcommittee.
- "States Pilot Crowdfunding Initiatives to Increase Funding for Small Business" – Bloomberg BNA Securities Regulation & Law Report; June 17, 2013.
- "Business of Law Corporate and Securities Update" – Equity-Based Crowd Funding – Federal and State; May 6, 2013.
- Women's Impact Fund Board of Directors 2008-2012, 2013-present, Board Chair 2014-2015
- Board of Managers, UVA Alumni Association 2014-2017
- Queen City Forward Advisory Board Member 2015
- Named among 2013's "50 Most Influential Women" presented by the Mecklenburg Times
- Included in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite list, 2014 & 2015.
- Selected for inclusion to North Carolina Rising Stars list in each of 2010, 2011 and 2012, a designation in North Carolina Super Lawyers magazine
- Lobbyist, Jefferson Government Relations in Washington, D.C. (1994-1998), focus on appropriations
- Represented sponsor in control equity investment into leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of electrical connectors, time switches, wire management products and related electrical components for construction, maintenance, and repair applications with enterprise value of $60.5 million. Coordinated investment in holding company from accredited investors, including fund with bank holding company limitations.
- Represented sponsor in preferred equity investment in entity providing commissioning services (integration of HVAC, security, other systems) in the United States and worldwide.
- Represented national bank in structuring and formation of joint venture to provide system allowing customers to exchange P2P payments with anyone at any U.S. financial institution.
- Represented owners of consulting firm and software solutions provider in stock sale to a national strategic acquirer.
- Advised management team and Board in aggregate equity raises of $150 million and bond offerings of, in aggregate $400 million.
- Entity formation and first and second round capital raises for business venture manufacturing and marketing premium liqueur in a distinctive, patented bottle.
- Represented start-up entity initially capitalized through crowdfunding. Advised on structuring, contracting and intellectual property protection.
- Moore & Van Allen Invests in Success of Queen City Forward Entrepreneurs
- Meade Authors Crowdfunding Analysis
- Meade Named Incoming Board Chair of Local Philanthropy
- Meade Honored as a Most Influential Woman
- MVA attorneys honored by NC Super Lawyers
- Thirty-five Moore & Van Allen Attorneys Named to North Carolina Super Lawyers 2010
- Queen City Forward Legal Seminar, May 13, 2015, May 13 & 14
- Meade & Taylor to Present at ACC Symposium, October 17, 2014, Discussion will cover management of legal and risk issues in large commercial transactions
- Meade Speaks on Women Lawyers Panel, September 2013
- WoMVA & Grant Thornton Share Management Insight, April 30, 2013, Companies hosted networking luncheon for roundtable discussions
- Association of Corporate Governance
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Charlotte Women’s Bar (Board of Directors 2012-2013)
- Charlotte Women Attorneys (Board of Directors 2014)
- Queen City Forward Board Member