- B.A., Duke University, 1995
- J.D., Northwestern University, 1999; Small Business Opportunity Clinic, Founding Member
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina, 1999
Other Areas of Law
- Small Business Investment Companies
- Venture Capital
Charlotte, NC 28202-4003
John Evans devotes his financial services practice to representing banks, institutional investors, hedge funds, small business investment companies, business development companies, private equity groups, venture capital funds and sponsors in their buy-out, investment and finance transactions. In addition to practicing in the areas of mezzanine finance, private equity and venture capital, he represents several companies in their merger and acquisition transactions, including stockholders and management teams in the sales of their companies.
Prior to joining Moore & Van Allen, Mr. Evans worked in business development for Total Sports, a Raleigh, North Carolina technology firm.
- Member, Moore & Van Allen's Associate Development Committee
- Presenter, Minority Equity Rights in Lending Transactions (Continuing Legal Education)
- Alumni advisor, Northwestern University School of Law Small Business Opportunity Clinic
- Graduate, Leadership Charlotte (Class XXIV)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association