As Deputy General Counsel for the consumer bank at PNC Financial, Randy managed the legal team that supported all of PNC's consumer banking and loan products, channels, and regulatory matters. He provided direct support to the bank’s fair lending operations and was the principal counsel to PNC’s Chief Customer Officer. In addition, he coordinated consumer bank legal activity for examinations by various regulators, including the Office of the Comptroller of Currency and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. He previously served as General Counsel for Fleet Mortgage, and as an Associate General Counsel at Bank of America, where he managed legal teams that supported various loan products and related servicing operations.
Randy began his legal career at the U.S. Department of Commerce in Washington, D.C., and later was in private practice where he handled a wide variety of mortgage finance litigation and regulatory matters. Randy is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia; at MVA, he will provide advice to institutional clients regarding federal regulatory matters.
J.D., University of Akron School of Law, 1983, cum laude, Law Review Case and Comment Editor
B.F.A., Bowling Green State University, 1978, cum laude
- District of Columbia, 1989
- United States Supreme Court 1990
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit 1988
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit 1986
- *Licensed in District of Columbia. Not licensed in North Carolina. Practicing in North Carolina pursuant to NC Rule of Professional Conduct 5.5(d)(2).