Addison’s practice encompasses a wide range of corporate transactional matters, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, and general corporate governance matters.
Representative matters include leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, recapitalizations, reorganizations and corporate restructurings, and the sale of companies by founding members. Addison’s representations also include cross-border transactional matters, advising clients on acquisitions in Hong Kong, Israel, and Canada.
Addison graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she served as an executive editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law. While in law school, Addison worked in-house as a law clerk for a renewable energy supplier, where she gained experience on energy-sector acquisitions. She also completed an externship in law school with Piedmont CASA, conducting regulatory research related to representation of children in abuse and neglect hearings.
Addison has a strong commitment to pro bono representation of clients. Her efforts have helped:
- Human trafficking survivors seeking record expunctions
- Domestic violence survivors seeking protective orders
- Immigrants and refugees seeking asylum in the United States
- Housing rights clients facing illegal evictions
- Represented a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 investment firm in a $12 million acquisition of business engaged in network brokerage and network infrastructure advisory services.
- Represented practice management services company in series of add-on acquisitions ranging from $300,000 to $6.25 million. Continued representation of practice management services company with respect to ongoing add-on acquisitions.
- Represented a private-equity firm in a series of add-on portfolio acquisitions in the technology and software industry.
- Represented company founders in a reorganization and $6 million sale of a majority of membership interests of a privately-held construction company.
- Represented an individual entrepreneur investor in a $8.9 million acquisition of business engaged in digital printing of craft beverage shrink sleeves.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2019; Executive Editor of the Virginia Journal of International Law
B.A., University of Virginia, 2015
- North Carolina, 2019