Ann's legal and compliance services extend to political committees and businesses involved in the political process, corporate political action committees, independent political committees and candidate committees, as well as private individuals and entities. Her legal and compliance services include:
- Advising on federal and state campaign finance law and regulation including candidate committee and PAC compliance;
- Counseling on lobbying disclosure and governmental ethics statutes and rules at the federal, state, and local level;
- Designing and implementing internal compliance programs to ensure compliance with campaign finance, lobbying and ethics laws and rules;
- Advising tax-exempt organizations on compliance with rules governing section 501(c) and 527 organizations;
- Aiding in representation regarding campaign finance investigations;
- Advising on pay-to-play laws that impose special restrictions on the political activity of companies that have or seek government contracts, as well as their covered employees.
In addition, Ann has participated in creating policy initiatives for clients in the manufacturing, energy, and health care fields. Through policy research, message development and targeted outreach, Ann has identified issues that affect her clients and developed ways to meet their goals. Specific deliverables have included political strategies, issue campaign development, white papers, legislative drafting and regulatory guidance.
- Charlotte ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award Nominee, 2014
- Emerging Business Leaders, Class 3, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce, 2014-2015
- Grants Committee, 2011-2015; Communications and Marketing Committee, 2012-2014; Education Grant Co-chair, 2014-2015, Women’s Impact Fund
- Judicial Extern, the Honorable Paul M. Newby, Supreme Court of North Carolina, 2007