Chandra litigates intellectual property and related contract matters in federal courts across the country, including in patent hot spots such as the Eastern District of Texas, Delaware, and the Northern District of California. She also has experience with patent matters before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, including inter partes reviews and post-grant reviews.
Chandra also uses her litigation experience to help clients develop and build robust patent portfolios with an eye towards later asserting patent rights or withstanding challenges to those rights. She further uses her litigation experience to review patent portfolios for clients involved in acquisition or funding matters.
Chandra has represented clients in a number of industries.
- Medical Devices
- Food-based technology
- Wearable technology
- Anxiety garments
- Construction materials
- Battery separators
- Heavy truck engines and exhaust piping solutions
- Software pricing
- Celgard, LLC v. Shenzhen Senior Materials Co. Ltd. (US) Research Institute et al.
Patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation case involving a battery separator technology used with electric vehicle batteries to prevent battery failure and explosion (N.D. Cal. ongoing; W.D.N.C. ongoing)
- Software Pricing Partners, LLC v. James (“Jim”) H. Geisman
Trade secret misappropriation case involving software monetization methodology and design for uses such as subscription pricing (W.D.N.C. ongoing)
- Saprex, LLC v. Lincoln Industries, Inc.
Patent infringement case involving an exhaust pipe covering that minimizes energy loss due to heat from running engines (D. Neb. ongoing)
- Global Patent Portfolio Development of Biologic Drug
Successfully developed new patent applications, prosecuted existing applications, strategically planned for potential future litigation by biosimilars, and incorporated strategy into development of the patent portfolio
- Banyan Licensing L.L.C. et al. v. Menard, Inc.
Design patent infringement case involving a knee pillow that aids sleep (W.D.K.Y. ongoing)
- Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property Law "Ones to Watch," 2022-2023
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
J.D., The John Marshall Law School, magna cum laude
Ph.D., Molecular Biophysics, Purdue University
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
- North Carolina
- USPTO as Patent Attorney
- USPTO as Patent Agent