Peter assists clients in framing persuasive and consistent messages for legislative, administrative and regulatory decision-makers and helps clients take a proactive role in advocating for favorable solutions when government decisions are being considered and made. Peter’s experience in this field includes legislative analysis, bill drafting, white papers, and the development of top-quality educational materials, including videos and books. He has worked extensively on the issue of global climate change and has organized and developed seminars and symposia around the world.
Peter works to obtain legislative, regulatory, and administrative solutions for clients at all levels of government on legislation, permits, enforcement actions, contracting, and procurement challenges. His varied practice also includes experience in advising clients on federal, state and city campaign finance matters, ethics-related investigations conducted by state agencies, and government contracting.
Prior to joining the firm, Peter practiced in the Richmond, Virginia office of a litigation services firm.
- Best Lawyers in America, Government Relations Practice, 2023
- Board Member, Charlotte-based non-profit Guys with Ties
- Member, William & Mary Law Review
- Moot Court Chair, Institute of Bill of Rights - student division
- Interned with Senator Barbara Mikulski
- Virginia State Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association