Becky Harasimowicz brings her biology and biochemistry background to Moore & Van Allen's Intellectual Property group where Becky’s practice is concentrated on IP litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, and corporate IP counsel.
Becky’s litigation practice focuses on litigating intellectual property and related matters before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board, Patent Trial & Appeal Board, and federal courts. Her prosecution practice includes patent preparation, patent prosecution, patent investigations, product clearances, and trademark prosecution.
Before practicing law, Becky studied biology and bioethics at Mount Holyoke College while concurrently working as a biology lab researcher focusing on stem cell treatments and applied research. Becky’s experience makes her knowledgeable about pharmaceuticals, molecular science, and cellular biology.
Becky graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law where she served as president of the Student Bar Association, editor of the Journal of Business & Intellectual Property Law, chair of the Stanley Moot Court Competition, president of the Hispanic and Latino Law Student Association, and co-president of the Women in Law Society. While at Wake Forest University, Becky concurrently earned her Masters in Bioethics from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
- Microwave assisted chemistry
- Nuclear-magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
- Peptide synthesis
- Sample digestion and extraction
- Oil pollution remediation
- Mechanical devices
- Aircraft taxiing technology
- Building materials
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property Law and Patent Law "Ones to Watch", 2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Intellectual Property, 2021
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Super Lawyers, 01.2021
J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law
M.A., Wake Forest University Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
B.A., Mount Holyoke College
- North Carolina
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- District of Colorado