In Memoriam: Ronald S. Melamed
We at Moore & Van Allen grieve the loss of our friend and partner Ronald S. Melamed, who passed away on August 4, 2022, after living for seven years with pancreatic cancer. Ron carried on with grace and humor. He will be remembered for his inexhaustible spirit and his unwavering positivity in the face of adversity. In this, as in many things, Ron was an example to us all.
Ron was a talented and highly respected attorney. He graduated from the University of Michigan, where he obtained both his undergraduate degree and his JD. Ron joined Moore & Van Allen in 2007, where he developed a strong commercial real estate practice. He represented developers, landlords, tenants, and public and private corporations. He was ranked in Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, both in 2021 and 2022.
We keep in our thoughts and prayers Ron’s wife, Ella Melamed, and their dogs Maddie and Asher, as well as Ron’s extended family. Donations in memory of Ron may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2021-2023
- Melamed is the co-author of the article entitled "Preparing a Commercial Real Estate Purchase Agreement" in the September 2005 Michigan Bar Journal, as well as the article entitled "Enforceability of Anti-Assignment Provisions in Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements" in the Winter 2004 issue of the Michigan Business Law Journal.
- Ronald S. Melamed among 104 MVA attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2023, and eleven MVA attorneys named ‘Lawyer of the Year’08.2022
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- American Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
J.D., University of Michigan, 1996
B.A., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1993
- North Carolina, 2009
- Michigan, 1996
- Federal Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan