- What should I expect after a breach occurs?
- What are the best first steps to take to mitigate further loss of information?
- What are the general reporting obligations to regulators, federal and state?
- Do I need to notify my clients/customers, and if so, how and when?
- What can I do to prevent the next breach?
About Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog
The technology and regulatory landscape is rapidly changing, thus impacting the manner in which companies across all industries operate, specifically in the ways they collect, use and secure confidential data. We provide transparent and cutting-edge insight on critical issues and dynamics. Our team informs business decision-makers about the information they must protect, and what to do if/when security is breached.
Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog Updates
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Stakes Out Its Enforcement Authority Over Unfair Information Security Practices
- Maryland Amendments to Data Security and Breach Notification Law
- The Devil Really is in the Details: The SEC Proposed Rule on Cybersecurity Risk Management for Investment Advisors, Registered Investment Companies and BDCs
- Will the U.S. Finally Pass Comprehensive Data Privacy Legislation?