Moore & Van Allen (MVA) Financial Regulatory Advice and Response Member Ed O’Keefe will serve as the moderator for the panel titled, “Long-Term Effects of COVID-19 on Bank Health” during the Banking Institute Program which will take place March 18-19. Ed’s panel includes senior representatives of the OCC, Federal Reserve, NC Department of Banking and the Bank Policy Institute.
This year's Institute agenda also includes panels on:
- The Current State of the LIBOR Transition
- Diversity and Inclusion: A Business Imperative
- Bank Partnerships with FinTech Firms
And important addresses, including:
- Bank General Counsel Remarks, featuring Ellen Fitzsimmons, General Counsel Chief Legal Officer and Head of Enterprise Diversity, Truist
- Beischer Address, featuring Tom Barkin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Clifford Lecture on Consumer Law, featuring Peter Skillern, Executive Director, Reinvestment Partners
The Banking Institute, sponsored by the University of North Carolina School of Law's Center for Banking and Finance, is an annual continuing legal education program that focuses on important issues for bankers and their lawyers. The Institute is designed to provide the highest quality CLE on cutting-edge issues related to banking law.
To register or learn more about this event, please click here.
About MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog
As government authorities around the world conduct overlapping investigations and bring parallel proceedings in evolving regulatory environments, companies face challenging regulatory and criminal enforcement dynamics. We help keep our clients up to date in these fast-moving areas and to serve as a thought leader.
MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog Updates
- Federal Reserve Board Issues Denial to Custodia Bank
- States Look to Impose Financing Disclosure Requirements on Commercial Loans and the CFPB Considers Potential TILA Preemption Considerations
- Banks – What Should You Know? Civil Liability for Failure to Detect Human Trafficking
- Client Alert: Beneficial Ownership Reporting at the Federal Level effective January 1, 2024