- Posts by Brandon GaskinsMember
Brandon is an accomplished litigator with experience in complex business and contract disputes, land use and zoning disputes, and cases involving violations of non-competition, confidentiality, and other restrictive ...
2014 was the year of the data breach as several large, high profile breaches occurred, including EBay, Target, and Home Depot, that affected the personal data of millions of Americans. On January 12, 2015, President Obama announced his intention to introduce legislation (by way of Congress) to require notification to consumers when their personal data has been compromised by a data breach. This proposed law, the Personal Data Notification & Protection Act, is part of a more comprehensive legislative agenda by the White House, including a consumer privacy bill of rights and a law to ...
About Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog
The technology and regulatory landscape is rapidly changing, thus impacting the manner in which companies across all industries operate, specifically in the ways they collect, use and secure confidential data. We provide transparent and cutting-edge insight on critical issues and dynamics. Our team informs business decision-makers about the information they must protect, and what to do if/when security is breached.
Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog Updates
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Stakes Out Its Enforcement Authority Over Unfair Information Security Practices
- Maryland Amendments to Data Security and Breach Notification Law
- The Devil Really is in the Details: The SEC Proposed Rule on Cybersecurity Risk Management for Investment Advisors, Registered Investment Companies and BDCs
- Will the U.S. Finally Pass Comprehensive Data Privacy Legislation?