- Posts by Christopher D. TomlinsonMember
A member of the firm’s Litigation group, Chris assists a wide variety of clients, including global financial institutions, broker-dealers, private equity groups, aircraft lessors, and manufacturers. He also represents ...
Businesses are facing this system hack with ever-increasing frequency: An accounts payable employee receives new or updated payment instructions from a vendor via email. The email appears to be from a familiar counterpart at the vendor; it contains accurate details specific to a current transaction; the new bank is well known; and the new instructions have the vendor’s name, or a version of it, as the beneficiary.
About Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog
The technology and regulatory landscape is rapidly changing, thus impacting the manner in which companies across all industries operate, specifically in the ways they collect, use and secure confidential data. We provide transparent and cutting-edge insight on critical issues and dynamics. Our team informs business decision-makers about the information they must protect, and what to do if/when security is breached.
Data Points: Privacy & Data Security Blog Updates
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Stakes Out Its Enforcement Authority Over Unfair Information Security Practices
- Maryland Amendments to Data Security and Breach Notification Law
- The Devil Really is in the Details: The SEC Proposed Rule on Cybersecurity Risk Management for Investment Advisors, Registered Investment Companies and BDCs
- Will the U.S. Finally Pass Comprehensive Data Privacy Legislation?