- Posts by Christopher D. TomlinsonMember
A member of the firm’s Litigation group, Chris assists a wide variety of clients, including global financial institutions, broker-dealers, private equity groups, aircraft lessors, and manufacturers. He also represents ...
*By Chris Tomlinson, Bill Butler, & Jim McLoughlin. Businesses are facing this system hack with ever-increasing frequency: An accounts payable employee receives new or updated payment instructions from a vendor via email. The email appears to be from a familiar counterpart at the vendor; it contains accurate details specific to a current transaction; the new bank is well known; and the new instructions have the vendor’s name, or a version of it, as the beneficiary. The accounts payable employee executes the electronic transfer payment consistent with the wiring instructions ...
About MVA Litigation Blog
Companies are operating in an increasingly globalized and regulated business environment, facing ever-changing and complicated litigation and regulatory challenges. We provide cutting-edge information regarding developments in federal, North Carolina State, and international litigation, as well as in arbitration, regulatory enforcement, and related business practices.
MVA Litigation Blog Updates
- North Carolina Innovation Council Takes Shape to Implement New FinTech and InsurTech Regulatory Sandbox Program
- Supreme Court of North Carolina Appoints New Clerk of Court
- OSHA ETS Stayed by Supreme Court
- As States Begin to Ease COVID-19 Restrictions, How Are Businesses Faring in Business Interruption Coverage Disputes?