Neil Bloomfield and Kate Wellman’s article published by Thomson Reuters: President’s working group report calls for stablecoin regulation
Moore & Van Allen (MVA) Co-head of Financial Regulatory Advice & Response Neil Bloomfield and Litigation Associate Kate Wellman’s article titled, “President’s working group report calls for stablecoin regulation” was published by Thomson Reuters on December 2.
On November 1, 2021, the President's Working Group on Financial Markets (PWG), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) released a report (PWG Report) calling for urgent legislative action to limit the issuance of stablecoins to insured depository institutions and to enable prudential regulation of stablecoins to address the risks to the broader financial system.
To read the full article, please click here.
- Bank Regulatory & Fintech
- Civil Litigation
- Compliance, Controls & Risk Management
- Cross-Border Investigations and Defense
- Financial Regulatory Advice & Response
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation, Regulatory & White Collar
- Resolution Planning & Stress Testing
- White Collar & Government Enforcement Defense