2016 Diversity Committee Annual Report Published
We are delighted to present our sixth annual diversity report on behalf of the Moore & Van Allen Diversity and Management Committees. At Moore & Van Allen we recognize that building an inclusive culture is a journey, not a destination, and we are proud to walk alongside our employees, clients and community partners to effect real change. Our mission is to support a culture of diversity and inclusion at Moore & Van Allen and in the many communities we serve. When we work together to leverage our diverse experiences and perspectives we strengthen our ability to provide the highest level of legal services to our clients. We present this report in celebration of the progress we have made and in contemplation of the work ahead of us. As always, we welcome any feedback and ideas you may have to improve our efforts in 2017.
This year's Report highlights the group's 2016 initiatives and 2017 goals including:
- Advocating for Workplace Equality through Participation in the Human Rights Campaign's LGBTQ Workplace Equality Scorecard
- Developing Tomorrow's Lawyers by Hosting a Law School Panel Discussion
- Celebrating Differences through Sharing Personal Journeys
- Hosting a luncheon titled, “Diversity Committee Program Highlights the Benefits of Creating Cultural Connections.”
- Maintaining Leadership in Diversity Across the Bar
- Making Connections through the Biennial Women's Retreat
- Investing in the Future with a Diverse Summer Associate Class
- Creating New Ways to Recruit Diverse Talent through a Spring Break Clerkship
- Strengthening Ties with the Community Building Initiative
Please contact Stephanie Gryder if you have any questions.