Seven "Lawyers of the Year" at Moore & Van Allen
Moore & Van Allen is pleased to announce that seven of its attorneys have been named 2013 “Lawyers of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America. Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Moore & Van Allen’s 2013 honorees include:
- Dumont Clarke IV (Charlotte: Securities / Capital Markets Law)
- David E. Fox (Raleigh: Litigation – Environmental)
- Arlene D. Hanks (Raleigh: Trademark Law)
- George V. Hanna III (Charlotte: Litigation - Banking & Finance)
- Kimberly Short Kirk (Charlotte: Health Care Law)
- Ernest W. Reigel (Charlotte: International Trade and Finance Law)
The “Lawyers of the Year” were named for their particularly high Best Lawyers survey ratings, which reflect their peers’ high level of respect for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
“We feel honored by the recognition, and pleased that all three of our offices were represented,” said Moore & Van Allen Chairman and Member Ernie Reigel.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Because Best Lawyers is based on a peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”