- Posts by Alexis T. NarducciAssociate
Lexi Narducci has experience in Moore & Van Allen’s Financial Services group, specializing in equipment finance. With her background on the transaction side of financial services, she frequently represents financial ...
On December 7, 2021, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”) published its final rule (“Rule”) facilitating the transition away from LIBOR for open-end and closed-end consumer financial products. The Rule amends provisions of Regulation Z, which implements the Truth in Lending Act to allow for the transition from U.S. dollar LIBOR to the Secured Overnight Financing Rate (“SOFR”) and other alternative reference rates. SOFR is deemed compliant as a replacement index whereas other alternative reference rates must pass the “comparability” or ...
In AMG Capital Management v. FTC, a unanimous Supreme Court recently struck the Federal Trade Commission’s (the FTC) power to obtain monetary relief under § 13(b) of the FTC Act (the Act). Under § 13(b), the FTC can seek the aid of a court to obtain a permanent injunction. The issue the court addressed is whether Congress, by enacting § 13(b) and using the words “permanent injunction”, granted the FTC authority to obtain monetary relief directly from the courts rather than through the administrative process, which ultimately allows for such relief. The Court held the FTC is not ...
About MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog
As government authorities around the world conduct overlapping investigations and bring parallel proceedings in evolving regulatory environments, companies face challenging regulatory and criminal enforcement dynamics. We help keep our clients up to date in these fast-moving areas and to serve as a thought leader.
MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog Updates
- Client Alert: Beneficial Ownership Reporting at the Federal Level effective January 1, 2024
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Stakes Out Its Enforcement Authority Over Unfair Information Security Practices
- FINRA’s Expansion of Safeguards to Prevent the Financial Exploitation of Specified Adults in Rule 2165
- Risks Associated with Cryptocurrency Activities Continue to be Top-of-Mind for Federal Banking Regulators