Sarah’s practice includes a broad range of substantive issues and industries. Sarah litigates commercial disputes in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and mediations across the country. Sarah also has extensive experience representing clients in internal and government investigations.
Sarah began her legal career in New York at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where she worked on cases ranging from securities class actions, copyright infringement suits, government investigations, contract disputes, and antitrust matters. Sarah then joined Dewey Pegno & Kramarsky LLP, a premiere boutique firm in New York, where she honed her advocacy skills while focusing on shareholder derivative investigations, commercial contract disputes, and FINRA employee-related arbitrations.
Sarah also maintains a strong pro bono practice, with an emphasis on child and spousal support matters.
Sarah was named to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in New York in 2021, which recognizes the top 2.5% of attorneys based on in-firm and external nominations, independent research, and peer selection. In 2022, Thomson Reuters named Sarah in their Top Women Attorneys in the New York Metro Area.
Sarah received her J.D. from Duke University School of Law, magna cum laude, where she served on the Moot Court Board and Mock Trial team. Sarah is an active alumna and was recently selected by the Duke Law Alumni Office to serve on the Duke Law Charlotte Alumni Board, and previously served on the Duke Law New York Alumni Board.
Sarah received her B.S. from Boston University, where she graduated summa cum laude.
- Currently representing physicians and a professional medical corporation in connection with False Claims Act and retaliatory termination allegations
- Currently conducting internal investigation into whistleblower allegations related to a Chinese subsidiary of a U.S. manufacturing corporation
- Defended large financial institution in connection with multi-billion dollar mortgage-backed securities litigation
- Conducted several in-depth investigations of shareholder derivative claims on behalf of special board committees of Fortune 500 companies
- Evaluated top 10 hedge fund’s internal governance processes and prepared detailed optimization recommendations for fund’s top management team
- Represented large bank in FINRA employee-related arbitrations
- Coordinated global antitrust filings for multi-billion dollar takeovers and buyouts
- Thomson Reuters, Top Women Attorneys In The New York Metro Area, 2022
- New York Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2021
- Co-Authored with Thomas E.L. Dewey, "District Court Enforces Settlement Agreed to by Email Despite Absence of Formal Agreement", New York Law Journal, July 2020
- Published, "Atlantic Marine v. J-Crew: The Future of Forum-Selection Clauses", Duke Journal of Constitutional Law and Public Policy, 2013
- Panelist, Duke Law School Business Law Society ESQ Career Symposium, 2018
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude, Moot Court Board
B.S., Boston University, 2012, summa cum laude
- North Carolina, 2022
- New York, 2016
- EDNY, 2016
- SDNY, 2016