Gene has worked with a variety of clients across a number of industries, including in the infrastructure, construction, pharmaceutical, and apparel industries. Whether representing entrepreneurs, private equity funds or their portfolio companies, or family-owned businesses, he focuses on understanding his clients and their business objectives and endeavors to provide effective legal solutions to efficiently meet their objectives.
Prior to joining the firm, Gene practiced at Dechert LLP and Lowenstein Sandler LLP. Gene also worked as Compliance Counsel for an alternative fund manager focusing on credit and real estate.
He focuses his pro bono work on representing veterans of our nation's armed services.
- Represented tower and wireless infrastructure company in sale of company
- Represented tower and wireless infrastructure company in connection with acquisition of network towers and related assets
- Represented athletic equipment and apparel company in acquisition of apparel and accessories company
- Represented apparel company in carve-out asset sale. Represented golf course construction company in negotiation of various construction contracts
- Represented target clinical-stage pharmaceutical company in SPAC transaction
- Represented publicly-traded therapeutics company in its potential acquisition of foreign cell therapy company
- Represented golf entertainment company in connection with equity investment
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Governance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law "Ones to Watch," 2021-2023
- Columbia Law School - James Kent Scholar (2012-13); Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar (2011-12); Lawrence A. Wien Scholar
- Rutgers University - Dean’s List (All Semesters); Outstanding Scholar Award; Academic Excellence Award; Edward J. Bloustein Award Winner
J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 2014
B.A. in Economics, Rutgers University, 2010 summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- New York
- New Jersey