Jeff focuses his intellectual property practice on:
- Obtaining patent rights in the US and foreign countries.
- Providing non-infringement investigations for products that clients bring to market.
- Providing invalidity investigations for patents in the fields in which clients wish to operate.
- Performing intellectual property due diligence investigations for mergers, acquisitions, lending, and other corporate transactions involving intellectual property components.
- Providing product and intellectual property landscape investigations for market analysis.
- Providing services related to product compliance with various industry standards and associated intellectual property coverage with the industry standards.
- Negotiating and drafting master service agreements, purchase agreements, intellectual property license agreements, software agreements, and joint development agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting intellectual property provisions for corporate transactions.
- Performing trademark clearance searches for company and product branding.
- Filing and prosecuting trademark applications for company and product branding.
Jeff’s experience with intellectual property issues, his time as a lead design engineer for General Electric Aircraft Engines, and his formal business education have provided him with the capabilities to not only deal with the legal issues around intellectual property, but also to help clients develop strategic business plans for their intellectual property.
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, Intellectual Property, 2023
- IAM PATENT 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners, 2021-2022
- North Carolina Bar Association
J.D., Syracuse University College of Law, cum laude
M.B.A., Syracuse University Whitman School of Management
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Rochester, with distinction
- North Carolina
- United States Patent and Trademark Office