Kaity focuses her practice on intellectual property acquisitions and licensing, and other commercial and technology transactional matters. Kaity’s transactional experience includes preparing and analyzing license agreements and intellectual property purchase agreements, and performing due diligence and other investigations in connection with mergers and acquisitions. Kaity also has experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications and conducting product landscaping and freedom to operate investigations.
Kaity obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical and Health Sciences Engineering from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University’s Joint Engineering Program. She graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law, with honors, where she served as Managing Editor of the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology. While attending law school, she served as a legal extern for The Honorable David S. Cayer, United States Magistrate Judge, where she gained exposure to a breadth of substantive and procedural law and refined her analytical, research, and writing skills.
- Copyright Law – Certificate of Merit for the Highest Grade in the Class, May 2021
- Gressman and Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, April 2019
- Member Board of Advisors, North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology
- Author, From Amazon’s Domination of E-Commerce to its Foray into Patent Litigation: Will Amazon Succeed as “The District of Amazon Federal Court”?, 21 N.C. J.L. & Tech. 2, 2019
- Republished in the 2020 Intellectual Property Law Review, an annual best-of compendium
- Co-author, Unleashing Pets from Dead-Hand Control, 22 Nev. L.J. 349, 2021 (with Kevin Bennardo)
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors
B.S., Biomedical & Health Sciences Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina, 2021
- Registered Patent Attorney with the USPTO
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2022