As a member of the North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia bars, Katie advises clients in all three states with respect to their personal, financial, tax, business and estate planning needs. Her practice includes advice, preparation and implementation of wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, and other documents necessary to accomplish her clients’ objectives. She also supports clients’ existing and prospective business interests, including business succession planning for family members and key employees such as buy/sell and equity compensation arrangements, business operations and family office structures, and life insurance arrangements. She regularly works with business owners and investors and their related family members, accountants, wealth managers, corporate fiduciaries, life insurance providers, and family office advisors in arriving at comprehensive, creative, and practical solutions to meet her clients’ needs.
Katie also assists her clients in achieving their charitable goals. Her practice includes the formation of charitable trusts, non-profit corporations, application for tax-exempt status, and advice and counsel regarding ongoing compliance with state and federal requirements for tax-exempt organizations.
Katie’s practice also includes the preparation and review of federal gift and estate tax returns and the representation of clients under audit by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates "Ones to Watch," 2021-2022
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
Blogs and Resources
- 04.2020MVA COVID-19 Resource Center
- North Carolina Bar Association: Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section; Tax Section; Business Law Section
- South Carolina Bar Association: Corporate Banking & Securities Section; Probate & Estate Planning Section; Tax Law Section; SC Women Lawyers
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Mecklenburg Bar Association
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2010
B.A., University of Virginia, 2007
- South Carolina, 2016
- North Carolina, 2015
- SCOTUS, 2014
- Virginia, 2010