Lesley’s litigation practice includes bringing and defending challenges to permitting decisions in front of government agencies and the S.C. Administrative Law Court. She has also handled appeals before the S.C. Court of Appeals.
Lesley has represented clients before the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control on issues ranging from Brownfield Agreements (Non Responsible Party Voluntary Clean Up Contracts), underground storage tanks, coastal zone dock permitting, solid waste landfill regulations, NPDES permits, and hazardous waste regulations. She has also represented clients on wetlands issues before the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the S.C. Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management and Endangered Species Act issues before the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. She regularly reviews business transaction documents and provides advice regarding environmental issues.
Lesley’s practice also consists of general appellate litigation work. Before joining the firm, Lesley worked as a staff attorney for the South Carolina Court of Appeals.
- Charleston Regional Business Journal, 2020 Forty Under 40 winners, 2020
- South Carolina Super Lawyer Rising Star, Environmental, 2019-2021
- University of South Carolina Law School CALI Awards: Advanced Legal Research; Secured Transactions; Death Penalty Seminar
- Leadership Charleston class of 2020, Charleston Metro Chambers of Commerce
- Member, American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal, 2009-2011
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of South Carolina
- Page, South Carolina State Senator Greg Ryberg, 2006-2007
- In State Consultant and author for South Carolina Chapter, Brownfields Law and Practice, Matthew Bender and Co., Inc., 1998
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, 04.2020
- Moore & Van Allen Attorney Lesley A. Firestone Named to Charleston Regional Business Journal Forty Under 40 ListFebruary 2020
- Super Lawyers, 04.2019
- Association of Corporate Counsel, 02.2019
- Association of Corporate Counsel South Carolina Chapter Newsletter, 02.2018
- Council Member, South Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division; Environmental & Natural Resource Section
Charleston County Bar Association
Member, South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, Environmental Technical Committee
Member, Charleston Chamber of Commerce, Environmental Technical Committee
- General council member, SC Bar Environmental & Natural Resource Section