Madison prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications in advanced mechanical technologies, optical communication systems, fluid and thermal systems, and performance materials as well as in computer software, telecommunications, financial software, and data processing. In addition to his patent prosecution experience, Madison frequently conducts analysis on freedom to operate, validity, and infringement. He further assists in conducting due diligence and intellectual property support in mergers, acquisitions, and other issues related to business transactions.
Madison has been recognized as “One to Watch” by the Best Lawyers in America in their Intellectual Property and Patent Law category each year since 2021. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the Charlotte School of Law and his B.S. in mechanical engineering from Clemson University with a minor in mathematics. Madison is admitted to practice in North Carolina and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Counsel to a multinational financial services company in patentability investigations and associated utility patent prosecution.
- Counsel to a multinational computing networking product company in the drafting and prosecuting of patent applications.
- Counsel to a global conglomerate in international protection and enforcement strategies for material handling systems, scanning products, and safety solutions.
- Counsel to a household appliance manufacturer in prosecuting patent applications and conducting patentability and freedom-to-operate studies.
- Prepared patent applications for a world leader in mobile communications and mobile phone manufacturing.
- Prepared applications directed to online commerce and mobile application content delivery.
- Performed freedom-to-operate and validity analyses for a performance material manufacturer related to specialty ballistic composite materials.
- Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property and Patent Law "Ones to Watch," 2021-2024