As a member of the North Carolina and Florida state bars, Sara Page advises clients in both states with respect to their tax and estate planning needs. Her practice includes the preparation and implementation of wills, revocable trusts, and financial and health care powers of attorney. Sara Page also employs sophisticated tax planning techniques to support her clients’ tax planning, including the creation and ongoing administration of irrevocable trusts such as grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), spousal lifetime access trusts (SLATs), and multi-generational generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax exempt dynasty trusts. In order to most effectively meet her clients’ goals, Sara Page often utilizes family business entities, including limited partnership and limited liability companies.
As part of a comprehensive estate plan, Sara Page assists her clients in the succession of management and ownership of closely-held business interests through the implementation of buy-sell arrangements and life insurance arrangements in addition to the creation of bifurcated ownership structures which allow for the transfer of controlling management interests and non-controlling equity interests. She works closely with accountants, business managers, life insurance advisers, corporate fiduciaries, and financial advisers to formulate and implement creative solutions to her clients’ objectives.
Sara Page also works to achieve her clients’ charitable goals. Her practice includes the formation of non-profit corporations, private foundations, and charitable trusts, the application for tax-exempt status, and advice and counsel regarding ongoing compliance with state and federal requirements for tax-exempt organizations.
Sara Page’s practice also includes the preparation and review of federal gift and estate tax returns and the representation of clients before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, Tax Estate, 2021
- Co-Chair, Newsletter Committee, North Carolina Bar Association Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section, 2020 - 2023
- Women’s Impact Fund, Development Committee, 2016-2020
- Women’s Impact Fund, Board of Directors, 2018-2020
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute, 2020
- Member, Moore & Van Allen’s Recruiting Committee, 2017-present
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2019
- Business North Carolina, 01.2021
Blogs and Resources
- 04.2020MVA COVID-19 Resource Center
- Charlotte Estate Planning Council
- North Carolina Bar Association: Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- Florida Bar Association: Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section; Tax Law Section
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Trust and Estate Tax Law Section
- Co-Author, “Recent Developments,” The Will & The Way, August 2017 – July 2019
- Speaker, Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte Senior Series, February 2017
B.S., Davidson College, 2010, cum laude
J.D., University of Virginia, 2015; Production Editor, Virginia Tax Review
- North Carolina, 2015
- Florida, 2016