Stephanie Gryder serves as the firm’s senior manager of diversity and community initiatives. In her capacity, Stephanie oversees efforts related to building and sustaining an equitable workplace, working closely with leaders across the company to develop and expand programs that support the recruitment, retention and promotion of the firm’s talent. Stephanie is also responsible for the firm’s community impact initiatives which includes managing pro bono and hands-on volunteer opportunities, as well as workplace giving campaigns. Prior to joining MVA, she worked as the diversity coordinator for the Mecklenburg County Bar and as the legislative editor for the American Bar Association Governmental Affairs Office.
Stephanie received a bachelor’s degree in government and international politics and an MPA focusing in nonprofit management from George Mason University.
- Leaders Under 40, Community Building Initiative, Inaugural Class
- Leadership Development Institute, Community Building Initiative, Class VII
- Member, Moore & Van Allen Diversity Committee
- Member, Moore & Van Allen Public Service Committee
- Featured on the Pro Bono Institute’s Pro Bono Happy Hour Podcast
- Former Chair, Mecklenburg County Women's Advisory Board
- Participant, Charlotte Chamber Diversity Officers Roundtable
- Former Chair, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Diversity Roundtable, Perspectives in Leadership Series
- Former Chair, Junior League of Charlotte Advocacy and Public Awareness Committee
M.A. in Public Administration, Concentration in Nonprofit Management, George Mason University, 2009
B.A. in Government and International Politics, George Mason University, 2006