Ellen focuses her practice in the areas of domestic and international trademark development, maintenance, prosecution, and protection. She also regularly conducts intellectual property due diligence in the context of mergers, acquisitions, and credit facilities.
In addition, Ellen assists and advises in a variety of intellectual property contentious matters and with intellectual property licensing and transactional work.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Ellen was of counsel at a Maryland firm.
- Recipient, Trademark Examining Attorney of the Year from the American Intellectual Property Association
- Lecturer, U.S. Trademark Association Roundtable Conference
- Staff Attorney, Office of the Assistant Commissioner for Trademarks,1992-1996
- developed and interpreted policy for various sectors of the agency
- drafted and issued petition decisions
- Trademark Examining Attorney then Senior Attorney, United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1989-1992
- examined applications for federal registration
- trained other attorneys on the prosecution process
- Past speaker, at the Interagency Depository Seminar
- Author, “Trademarks and the Press: A Year in Review” article published in Editor and Publisher magazine
- Past mentor, Campbell Law School's Connection Program
- American Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- North Carolina Bar Association: Intellectual Property Section
J.D., American University
B.A., University of Pennsylvania
- North Carolina