Emily Cheatham brings her experience as a South Carolina Assistant Attorney General to her practice focusing on structured financing and securitization, with an emphasis on repurchase facilities involving primarily loan assets and securities.
Emily represents institutional lenders, financial institutions, banks, public and private borrowers and insurance companies, in various types of structured finance transactions, including, but not limited to, repurchase facilities, secured credit facilities, portfolio purchases and sales, forward flow arrangements, subscription facilities, and commercial real estate lending transactions. She has supported the financing of various types of financial assets such as commercial mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, participations, securities, and consumer solar power loans. With respect to consumer solar power loans, she has worked on several whole loan purchases and sales and a forward flow transaction with these assets.
Prior to joining the firm, Emily was an Assistant Attorney General for the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office in the securities division where she prosecuted securities related fraud.
- Represented institutional lenders in closing repurchase contract facilities involving commercial mortgage loans, securities, mezzanine loans and/or participations ranging in individual deal size from $75 million to over $1 billion. Most of these transactions involved other institutional lenders, investment funds with REIT structures and one transaction involved an Irish ICAV structure
- Represented an insurance company in a $2 billion repurchase facility involving securities
- Represented an institutional lender in closing transactions which combined both repurchase facilities and subscription facilities all in one facility
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law "Ones to Watch," 2024
- Works on pro bono matters for Council for Children’s Rights
- CALI Award Recipient: Property I
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities
- Volunteer, Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- South Carolina Bar Association