Jacob’s practice focuses on helping public and privately-held clients with a wide range of transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions, commercial contracts, corporate governance and shareholder relations.
Jacob earned his undergraduate degree from Davidson College and his J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law. While in law school, Jacob worked in-house for a large electric utility company, where he gained experience in energy sector acquisitions and securities law.
- Represented a manufacturing client in its $3 billion strategic acquisition of a new business line
- Represented private equity clients in initial platform investments and add-on acquisitions involving complex regulatory compliance and earn out obligations
- Represented a private equity client in the $440 million sale of its software development and analytics defense company to a large government contractor
- Represented a commercial client in its multimillion dollar investment in a 250MW photovoltaic solar energy generation facility
- Represented a real estate investment firm in forming its corporate structure and in its acquisition and development of commercial real estate in Charlotte, NC
- Represented a private-equity client in its investment into North Carolina municipal utility infrastructure operations and maintenance systems
- Represented a publicly traded client in its issuance of $1.1 billion in corporate debt
- Represented a commercial client in negotiating its $112 million sell-side contract for the sale of steel foundation and geostructural products