Jessica concentrates her practice on the corporate and regulatory aspects of healthcare law, representing hospitals and healthcare systems in acquisitions and joint ventures, negotiating physician and other professional service agreements, and assisting in general corporate governance matters. She also works with physicians and physician groups in both the buying and selling of practices, the preparation of physician employment agreements, and routine contractual matters.
Additionally, Jessica works with a variety of non-healthcare clients in mergers and acquisitions, the formation of new businesses, and other contractual needs.
Born and raised in Charleston, Jessica earned her B.A. with a double major in Business Administration and Politics from Washington and Lee University and her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law before returning home to practice at Moore & Van Allen.
- Represented regional healthcare system in the acquisition of several community hospitals
- Represented several hospital clients in acquisitions of physician practice groups throughout the region
- Advised regional healthcare system in the request for proposal process for potential affiliation with public hospital
- Represented physician clients in acquisitions of medical practices
- Served as lead associate on team representing international corporate client in $400 million stock acquisition
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law "Ones to Watch," 2021
- Leadership Charleston class of 2021, Charleston Metro Chambers of Commerce
- Secretary, Charleston Chapter of Washington and Lee University Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, UVA Club at the Lowcountry
- Board Member, Palmer Club (Division of Charleston Gaillard Center)
- August 2020
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- Spoleto SCENE