Lauren practices in the area of financial services where she represents financial institutions, banks, and private investment firms in the structuring and documentation of secured and unsecured syndicated, club and bilateral credit facilities, including acquisition-related financings, leveraged recapitalizations, and working capital facilities.
Lauren’s broad base of experience in senior syndicated and senior subordinated lending transactions provides wide-ranging market knowledge to her clients. She regularly represents investment firms in complex debt and equity transactions in connection with the financing of early stage acquisitions while maintaining a varied senior syndicated middle market practice across several industries.
- Represented administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with the refinancing an international energy company’s $900 million senior secured credit facilities
- Lead finance attorney in the documentation of a $36 million senior subordinated term loan for an investment firm and related affiliates in connection with the firm’s acquisition of an election technology company
- Represented administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with the documentation of $128 million senior secured facilities financing the expansion of thirty fitness franchise locations present in seven states
- Documented two related secured credit facilities for a sports franchise organization totaling $950 million
- Lead finance attorney representing an investment firm’s initial acquisition of a government solutions company and subsequent seven related acquisitions to build the platform, including the initial financing and subsequent refinancing of senior secured and subordinated loans totaling over $100 million
- Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law "Ones to Watch," 2021-2023
- Member, Moore & Van Allen YP Committee
- North Carolina Bar Association
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012, with honors; North Carolina Law Review, Articles Editor 2011-2012
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2009
- North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2012