Maggie Akers is director of public affairs and special projects for the Moore & Van Allen's Public Affairs group. She brings nearly 20 years of project management and event implementation experience ranging from corporate events, public forums, seminars, and panels, to entertainment, hospitality and sponsorship. She has honed her skills with a variety of employers, including an international law firm, top ranked bank and an advertising agency.
With MVA Public Affairs, Maggie has planned and executed a variety of events ranging from public events at the grassroots level to events for corporate executives. From event conception to execution, she manages the entire process inclusive of recommendations on date, time, location, key invitees, format, security, vendor management, and VIP guest and speaker considerations. She also brings a broad public relations background with experience in social media, writing, and project management.
Maggie brings a range of skills to projects and events, with attention to detail and organization and a focus on client service.
- Member, Moore & Van Allen Public Service Committee
- President, Charlotte Irish Association
- Past Chair and Member, Legal Marketing Association - Charlotte
- Board Member, GenerationNation
- Committee Member, “Vote Yes for School Bonds” Campaign
- Member, University of South Carolina Alumni Association
- Past Member, Mitchell’s Fund
- Past Action Board Executive Committee Member, Junior Achievement
- Past Member, Women of Distinction Committee Member, Girl Scouts Hornet’s Nest
- Past Member, Junior League of Charlotte
- Past Member, Bechtler Museum of Art Young Visionaries
- Encounter Charlotte, Fall 2016
B.A., University of South Carolina, 2002