Whether you need to engage proactively in relevant issues or respond to an emerging legislative threat, our registered federal and state lobbyists have the experience to help you effectively navigate the process.
We work with our clients to understand their organization, stakeholders, and sensitivities, and we develop and implement government affairs strategies to advance their legislative priorities. Our capabilities include direct advocacy, connectivity, legislative monitoring, and real time reporting. We also collaborate with our communications group to develop consistent messaging materials and tactics, such as media and grassroots engagement.
MVA Public Affairs lobbyists have longstanding relationships with key decision makers and influencers in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington, D.C. The group brings a wealth of collective knowledge and experience in corporations and state and federal government, with previous roles including:
- Senior Vice President of government affairs for several prominent financial institutions
- Counsel for a North Carolina Speaker of the House of Representatives
- General Counsel for the North Carolina Department of Revenue
- Counsel for the North Carolina General Assembly Bill Drafting Division
- Senior government affairs positions with national and state trade associations
- Staff and Counsel to governors, state legislators and state agencies
- Legislative staff to members of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives
- Chief Operating Officer for Host Committee for National Political Convention
- Policy staff for State Senate at the North Carolina General Assembly
- Lead sales representative for software company at department within the federal government
Additionally, our group serves clients through participation as board and committee members, and members and advisers of trade organizations and groups around the country to ensure our resources align with current initiatives and trends.
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- MVA Attorneys Among 2021 Legal Elite in Charleston Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Greenville Business Magazine08.2021
- U.S. News & World Report , November 2020
- U.S. News & World Report, 11.2019