Todd works with his clients to develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies targeted at influencing government action and thought-leaders. He accomplishes this through the writing and production of books, speeches, print and commercial broadcast advertisements, video and other media. Todd assists his clients in promoting their environmental, energy, and economic policy agendas with these tools.
Todd has a M.S. in Communications from the University of Tennessee and received his J.D. from the William & Mary School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Todd refined his skills in legal research, writing and federal procedure while serving as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia. He is a member of the ABA Government Affairs Practice Committee and the Public Affairs Council.
- Recipient, William & Mary Chappel Fellows Endowment, Gambrell Professionalism Award, and Legal Skills Scholar Award honoring his professionalism and excellence in legal research and writing
- Judicial Clerk, the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2004-2005
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2003
- Instructor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, instructed students in public speaking, oration and debate, 1998-2001
- M.S. Communications, thesis focused on communication styles used in goal attainment and relationship building
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
J.D., College of William & Mary, 2004
M.S., University of Tennessee - Knoxville, 2001; Communications with an emphasis in Speech Communication
B.A., University of Tennessee - Knoxville, 1998
- North Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina