Doak has considerable experience in corporate and commercial lending arrangements, including secured lending, acquisition and recapitalization finance, subordinated debt transactions, and work-out and restructure. Further, he represents a number of public and private companies as borrowers under syndicated credit facilities.
Since joining the firm in 1984, he has worked on finance transactions in the areas of:
- Middle market
- Health care
- Real estate investment trust
- Business services
- General commercial and industrial
- Leverage finance
- Special assets
Doak has served as primary counsel in representing a number of financial institutions as administrative agent in connection with syndicated credit facilities, including Bank of America and Wachovia.
- Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2008-2024
- Martindale-Hubbell, North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association