Jim McLoughlin and Ed O'Keefe's article published by Westlaw: When corporate reporting creates criminal risk
Moore & Van Allen (MVA) Litigation Member Jim McLoughlin and Financial Regulatory Advice & Response Member Ed O’Keefe’s article titled, “When corporate reporting creates criminal risk: Circuit court limits criminal liability under ambiguous reporting requirements” was published by Westlaw on March 8.
Third Circuit reverses conviction of bank executives giving guidance on key components of the statutes criminalizing false statements
Public and regulated corporations face multiple reporting obligations, the contours of which are often unclear, particularly in rapidly evolving economic circumstances. Context plays a significant role in interpretating the key language of a law, regulation or agency guidance.
The complete article can be viewed below.
- Bank Regulatory & Fintech
- Civil Litigation
- Compliance, Controls & Risk Management
- Consumer Regulation
- Criminal Defense - Trial and Appellate
- Financial Regulatory Advice & Response
- Financial Services Litigation
- Internal Investigations
- Litigation, Regulatory & White Collar
- Regulatory Supervision & Response
- Resolution Planning & Stress Testing
- Securities & Capital Markets Litigation