While vigorously advocating for our clients, we strive to develop a creative and tactical approach to all facets of your case. Whether through the use of AI or linguistic specialists, we partner with experts and e-discovery teams to help identify key information and witnesses in an efficient manner.
When in our client’s best interests, we pride ourselves on our ability to work together with counsel for co-defendants or other individuals or companies similarly situated. We work to build a genuine rapport with the prosecuting agency to help foster sincere discussions for our client’s benefit. Although we are always prepared to see a case through verdict, we understand each case is circumstance-specific and we have successfully negotiated beneficial plea deals, Deferred Prosecution Agreements, and Non-Prosecution Agreements on behalf of individuals and companies.
Complimentary to our trial experience, our team is also skilled with preparing appeals for our clients. In formulating the issues on appeal, our attorneys analyze the legal issues and record, and perform research of case law and policy considerations to prepare concise and persuasive appellate arguments. Whether seeking to overturn a conviction or address issues with sentencing guidelines, our team is practiced in preparing appeals to a number of circuit courts, as well as to the Supreme Court of the United States.
We have defended clients against public corruption, securities fraud, criminal antitrust, FCPA violations, money laundering, market manipulation, healthcare fraud, bank fraud, tax evasion, mail and wire fraud, and anti-terrorism, among many others. Our attorneys have experience representing a broad spectrum of clients, including individuals and Fortune 100 companies. We have represented clients in domestic inquiries by the SEC, DOJ, U.S. Attorney’s Offices, and more than thirty state attorneys general. Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers for their experience and skills.
- Defending an individual charged with criminal violations of the Sherman Act in regard to an alleged seven-year, national conspiracy to fix prices.
- Represented the first individual in North Carolina to be charged criminally with securities fraud related to cybercurrency.
- Defended an owner of a VOIP company in a two-week federal criminal trial against allegations of international money laundering, wire fraud, and mail fraud in a 30-count indictment in the Western District of North Carolina.
- Defended at trial and on appeal one the first anti-terrorism cases tried in the United States after the tragedy of September 11th.
- Represented a key employee in connection with an SEC investigation and trustee proceedings in connection with an estimated $50MM Ponzi scheme resulting in losses to more than 100 victims perpetrated by a Charlotte, NC business man, resulting in the successful negotiated settlement with the appointed trustee and no charges brought against the client by the SEC or DOJ.
- Represented companies in responding to DOJ inquiries related to investigations of public corruption.
- Represented a national pharmacy and other wholesale medical services provider in response to government inquiries related to a multi-company investigation of claims pursuant to the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and Controlled Substance Act.
- Defended a local company from allegations by the Asset Forfeiture and Money-Laundering Section of the Department of Justice, resulting in the return of millions of dollars of seized funds.
- Twenty-Eight Moore & Van Allen Attorneys Named to 2023 North Carolina Super Lawyers or Rising Stars Lists01.2023