Catherine Prater is an associate in the Litigation group focusing on complex civil litigation and white collar criminal defense.
Catherine has represented clients in high-stakes trials in state and federal courts. Catherine has experience as a member of the trial team for a three-week trial in North Carolina state court over a disputed will and in the defense of an international bank in the FX antitrust actions pending in federal court in New York. She was also a member of the trial team for three consecutive multi-defendant criminal antitrust conspiracy trials totaling months of trial time in the District of Colorado, which resulted in a not guilty verdict for our client.
Catherine knows the process of taking a case to trial and has experience in the pre-trial stages of litigation, including fact investigation, document discovery, motions, and depositions.
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar – White-Collar Crime/Government Investigations Section
- Walter C. Wattles Fellowship at Lloyd’s of London
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2020
B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2014
- North Carolina, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado