As Director of the German Desk at Moore & Van Allen, Daisy serves as a liaison between the firm’s international business attorneys and clients and prospective clients based primarily in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Daisy understands the challenges and protocols of doing business in the United States and Europe, and supports the firm’s lawyers with relationship-building, strategic presentations, and business network development.
During her prior tenure as an Austrian corporate attorney and business owner, Daisy previously advised European clients, ranging in size from small to large Austrian and international companies, doing business in and outside of Austria, Germany, and other European countries. Daisy’s keen sense for tailored solutions, essential networks, a follow-through attitude, hands-on mentality, and creativity enabled her to develop and maintain strong business relationships in Europe and the United States.
A native of Hungary and raised in Austria, Daisy is fluent in Hungarian, German, and English. Daisy received legal education in Austria and in the United States, and therefore has a comparative understanding and well-rounded knowledge of cultural and legal differences.
The Global Services team represents German-speaking clients in the following areas, and Daisy’s experience allows her to serve as a relationship point of contact for clients, and experienced collaborator between the Moore & Van Allen attorneys and European clients:
- Doing and starting a business in the U.S.: Incorporation and entity formation (LLC, LLP, partnerships)
- Commercial contracts
- Economic Development
- Employment and Labor
- Intellectual Property
- International in and out bound investment - U.S. anti-corruption and U.S. foreign investment acts
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Succession of family owned business in the U.S.
Daisy’s former work as an Austrian corporate attorney enables her to have a keen understanding of international business strategies and transactions. Daisy brings her experience to her role at Moore & Van Allen as a business developer, European-client liaison, presenter, and relationship manager. Her work in Austria included:
- Acquisition of Bulgaria’s leading mobile telephone operator by Telekom Austria with a value of 1.2 billion Euros
- Acquisition of a sanitary bathroom manufacturing company in Hungary by a family-run company, as part of the portfolio of a German private equity firm
- Asset acquisition of an Austrian bank’s real estate asset portfolio with a volume of 500 million Euros
- Share transaction of 91.25 percent of shares in Austrian aerospace components manufacturer
Review of different proposed share and asset transactions for an Austrian fiber and chemicals manufacturing company
Cross border distribution and trade agreements for Austrian pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing, and retail businesses
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association