John’s practice focuses on structuring and negotiating merger and acquisition, recapitalization, and joint venture transactions for both domestic and international companies. He has advised private equity sponsors in connection with leveraged buyout and related transactions. In addition, John represents publicly held international companies with respect to their operations in the United States.
- Martindale-Hubbell, North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-2022
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, 2005, 2008
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2011
- Active in numerous community groups.
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- Best Lawyers, 08.2019
- Best Lawyers, 08.2018
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1979
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976, with highest honors; Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina, 1979