- He represents equity investors and lenders in solar and other renewable energy facility financings.
- He represents equity investors and lessees in a variety of lease financings involving aircraft, railcars and other equipment.
- He provides tax and corporate law advice and counsel for closely-held businesses and tax-exempt organizations.
Joyner has lectured and written on a variety of tax matters.
- Martindale-Hubbell, North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in America, Charlotte Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2017, 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers in America, Equipment Finance Law, 2007-2022; Tax Law, 2013- 2022
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, 2006-2009, 2012, 2014-2017, 2019
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Tax Law, 2006, 2008-2020
- Serves in several capacities in his church
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- Super Lawyers, 01.2020
- Best Lawyers, 08.2019
- Super Lawyers, 01.2019
- Business North Carolina, 01.2019
- Best Lawyers, 08.2018
- Super Lawyers, 01.2018
- American Bar Association: Taxation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association: Tax Section, Chair, 1993-1994
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1981
M.B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1981
A.B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1977, with highest honors; Phi Beta Kappa
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in North Carolina, 1982
- North Carolina, 1981